Saturday, July 21, 2012

Giants 6, Phillies 5


Today I got a glorious 9 hours of sleep, waking up around 9:30 AM to go to the gym. I’m so glad that we get to take advantage of the athletic facilities here at UPenn; it’s made it much easier to keep in shape. After working out I went to Cosi with most of the cohort for breakfast. We met Mr. Lawrence at the bookstore around 2 PM to get our sweatshirts, and although it was difficult to choose between the many different options, I really like the hoodie I picked. The sweatshirts went back to our dorm rooms, and then it was off to the Giants game!


I can’t remember the last baseball game I attended, or if I’ve ever been to a baseball game at all, so I was excited for a new experience. It was pretty awkward to root for the Giants in a stadium filled with red, white, and blue Phillies jerseys, but I was happy because the Giants won 6-5. I also felt pretty special because both Matt Cain and Cole Hamels hit home runs in the third inning!


After the game, we went to a fusion Mexican food restaurant called Distrito. It wasn’t Mexican food like I’m used to, but I enjoyed it for the most part. I had tortilla soup, jicama salad, rice and beans, and pork tacos. My favorites were the salad and the rice and beans. (It’s probably apparent, but I’m still on my quest to eat rice.) I really enjoy dinner with the cohort, since we don’t see the Social Justice people as much during the regular week. The girls all laugh a lot, and the guys look embarrassed to be seen with us, and we all have a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment