Friday, July 20, 2012

Free Time Friday

Due to our morning class being cancelled, I was able to sleep in this morning. I could have slept for maybe an hour or two more, but the gym was waiting. After a lengthy workout I grabbed lunch then went back to my dorm room to prepare for class.
Today's afternoon class was very short. Our class is usually from 2 to 5 with a ten minute break, but today it was from 2 to 4:30 with a 15 minute break. The majority of the class was spent discussing a video that a couple of classmates made. In the video, five my of my classmates went around our home area asking people four questions related to social justice. The other topic we talked about briefly was the Colorado massacre that happened during the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises. I hadn't actually heard about it until class, and I'm still not sure if it shocked me. Well, of course it frightened me to think that somebody was capable of carrying out something like that. It could have happened anywhere and to anybody. However this is the world we live in, and this isn't the first time something like this happens. I'm not saying that since because a similar event took place before, it makes what happened in Colorado insignificant, because it is. People were injured, and people did died. Life is precious, and nobody has the right to take it away.

After class, Chloe, David, Alysa, Mariko, Clara, and I went to dinner at Houston Market. We had to make it quick because we had to meet in the quad for movie night. It just so happened to be that we were watching The Dark Knight Rises! After the earlier talk in class about this movie, I was a bit paranoid. I had never watched a Batman movie before, and I don't watch action movies often, so I wasn't sure what to expect from. We did have the choice to watch a different movie, but I am so glad I stuck with that one! It is such a great movie! I was a bit confused, but that's probably because this is the third movie in the Batman trilogy, and I hadn't watched the first two.

It was a long week, and I am glad the weekend is here. I'm looking forward to spending the day with my lovely cohort and chaperone tomorrow at a baseball game!

No comments:

Post a Comment