Sunday, July 8, 2012

End Of Week 1

After multiple days of going to sleep late and waking up early, I finally got some extra hours in bed. I woke up at around 9:30AM, hoping to see a quad full of people. My hopes were shattered, the quad was empty. With an hour and a half until brunch, I decided to get ready slowly, hoping that the next time I get out to the quad filled with people. When I got out again, I met up with Jacob. Both of didn’t know the way to the King’s Court, so we ended up going with some of our RCs. I learned more about the program and that the students aren’t the only ones from across the map, so are the RCs.

The Cohort Enjoying Breakfast
After breakfast, I went back to my dorm and read about Ohm’s Law. On Friday, our professor gave us a packet on Ohm’s Law to give us a heads up on what was going to happen on Monday, tomorrow. I remembered most of the material from high school, but felt that the review helped reinforce the small things that I have forgotten. Later in the afternoon, students from another program, engineering, started arriving. It reminded me of my first day, the feeling of being lost and excited. Talking about lost, yesterday night, Cameron and I learned that all the dorms are connected, so now we do not need to go outside to visit one another. Today, we learned that we can go almost completely around the buildings. As we walked, we noticed that there were two other RCs doing the same thing, which motivated us to learn more about the UPenn.
A New View Of The Quad

Ian Lawrence came at 7:00PM to take us out to dinner at Baby Blues BBQ. Nearly all of us ordered ribs, which left all of us satisfied. We caught up on what each of us was doing. Tomorrow, we begin a new week in Physics, which will contain new material, new lab partners, and the trip to Hersey Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment