Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day of Rest


Today, I slept in for the first time in what felt like forever. I met with Ivette and Alysa around 9 AM to go to the gym. I usually have soccer several times a week, and I have an intense summer workout that I need to follow, so I was super happy to find that Ivette and Alysa are as intent on keeping in shape as I am. As it turns out, the showers in the gym are much nicer than our dorm showers, so I hope to mostly shower at the gym this week.

Ivette on the elliptical
After our workout, we met the rest of the cohort for brunch at King’s Court. We only get two meals on Sundays, so I made sure to eat more than I usually do for breakfast. For those who don’t know me, that’s A LOT of food.

With nothing scheduled to do today, Clara and I seized the opportunity to make a small dent in our summer reading assignment for AP Lang. I wasn’t as productive as I wanted to be, but I did manage to read a chapter from Fast Food Nation and take notes. I also read a little bit from my unofficial summer reading assignment, Crime and Punishment. The book is fascinating but hard to read, mostly because a lot of the book is made up of the main character’s thoughts, with less action. I also read the electricity and magnetism packet for next week’s class, which I hope will help me grasp the labs and lectures more quickly.

The cohort went to dinner with Mr. Lawrence tonight, but unfortunately Clara and I couldn’t go. We had bought tickets to Spiderman before we knew about the dinner, and I didn’t want to bail on my roommate. The three of us went to King’s Court again for dinner, and then headed over to the movie theater. Spiderman was amazing, although after my roommate found out I was such a scaredy-cat, she teasingly suggested that she pretend to be the Joker, from Batman, and wake me up in the middle of the night. I told her that if she did, the whole dorm would wake to my bloodcurdling scream.

Although I was sad to miss out on the chance for dinner with the cohort, I was really happy to spend some time with my roommate. The Penn Team frequently dines together during the week, and I know there will be plenty more opportunities to hang out in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment