Saturday, June 30, 2012

Transitioning

Today was our last day in Chicago and while I was sad to see it go, I was even more excited to fly to Philadelphia!  We've had an amazing time in the Windy City and I am now sure that I want to apply to the University of Chicago and North Western University.  Today had a mellow agenda: we went to breakfast, made a quick visit to Navy Pier, and then flew to Philly at 6:00 PM.  It was a day of transition and preparation for the environment we will we be living in for the next four weeks.

This morning we ate at a great breakfast/lunch place called The Tempo in downtown Chicago.  Even though it was closer to lunch time, I ordered a breakfast skillet, a fresh-fruit smoothie, and some coffee to wake me up.  I did get a bunch of sleep last night though and felt well rested today.  Once we finished eating, we all walked along the lake toward Navy Pier.  The stretch was full of people and the small beach we passed was completely packed, but everyone looked like they were having a ton of fun.  I love how vegetated Chicago is, in that area at least, and that aspect combined with the warm weather created the perfect atmosphere for our long day of walking.
So Many Beautiful Trees!
Navy Pier was such a wonderful place!  There were a ton of kids and happy people everywhere. We didn't have the chance to take part in the activities and events there, but we were able to walk all around the pier and enjoy the beautiful scenery.  I hope to come to Chicago again some day and explore the city even further because even in the short three days that we were there I had an AMAZING time.  

Mermaid Ian

Mermaid David

Mermaid Cameron

Beach Fun!
View from the Pier

Mamma and Baby Duck

Inside Navy Pier
Ferris Wheel!





The airport process was much calmer today than usual...not sure why, but I really liked it.  We had a fairly short flight and I got even more reading done today for my pre-class assignment which was very good.  Everything went really smoothly following the flight and now we have settled into the Sheraton Hotel.  I am super excited to go to orientation tomorrow at UPenn!  I can't wait to begin the Social Justice class and meet so many new and interesting people this summer, I just know that we are all going to have a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment