Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Final Destination

We have finally arrived in Philadelphia! I started the day at the late hour of 8 AM, took advantage of the Drake's amazing fitness center one last time, and met everyone, and their luggage, in the lobby.  We went to the Tempo Cafe for brunch where I had a delicious waffle.  Once again, we spent the meal laughing and talking with each other. 

To finish up our stop in Chicago,  we went to Navy Pier, which reminded me of the Santa Cruz boardwalk.  Sadly, right as I pulled out my camera to snap a picture of the baby ducks swimming in Lake Michigan, its battery died.  Even though I have no photo evidence, I can assure you that the weather was great, the lake was beautiful, and we all had a lot of fun.  After the pier, we walked back through the city to our hotel.  Before I knew it, I was waving good-bye to the Drake and heading to the airport.  Chicago was amazing, and I know I will be back there at some point in my life.

Once we checked in, we had dinner at the Chili's in the airport, and then we boarded our flight and flew off to Philadelphia.  We are staying in a hotel tonight and we move in to our dorms tomorrow.  I'm excited about finally being here, but I'm nervous about living in the dorms and not seeing my cohort everyday.  I can't wait to start class, meet new people, and explore Philadelphia!

No comments:

Post a Comment