Saturday, June 30, 2012

Au Revoire, Chicago


Breakfast at Tempo Cafe
This morning we checked out of the Drake. After leaving our luggage with the front desk people, we headed over to Tempo Cafe for brunch. Wanting to get a little more sightseeing in before we left Chicago, we walked over to Navy Pier. Even though it was pretty hot, there was a nice breeze coming off of Lake Michigan once we got to the pier. The wildlife count at the pier was four baby ducks, a seagull eating a dead fish, and zillions of tourists. Eventually it was time to go, so we walked back towards the hotel to pick up our luggage. It would have been quicker and more comfortable to take a cab, but I didn’t mind the walk and I really enjoyed the chance to view Chicago on foot. It’s hard to get a feel for a place just by zipping around in a cab, so sometimes it’s good to hoof it.


Ivette and Alysa pose with our 24 items of luggage
Our last morning at the Drake

 
One quick plane ride later, we were all in Philadelphia. Although we got in around 10 PM, there were still people walking around the city. We passed several buildings bearing the words “University of Pennsylvania” as we headed to our hotel. All of a sudden, it came home to me that tomorrow we’ll be moving into dorms. I’m so excited to meet my roommate; as I roomed in a single at Brown last year I am eager for a second chance for the dorm experience. I’ve heard nothing but good things about Penn and Philadelphia from both last year’s Penn cohort and the Cornell cohort. I can’t wait to move in. 

Last view of the Chicago skyline

No comments:

Post a Comment