Saturday, July 14, 2012

Perfect Ending

I woke up a bit earlier than usual this morning, just to make sure I'd have enough time to get ready. I was still half asleep when I heard it. I thought I recognized that particular sound, but I doubted myself. It wasn't until I looked out the window that I saw it, rain! It was raining, and it looked as if it had rained all night. I had to step away from the window to pick out a rainy day outfit. We were going on a day long trip to Washington D.C., and Cameron's iPhone said it would also be raining there. It was around 7:58 AM when I took one last look out the window, and guess what I saw! Not only was it no longer raining, but the sun was shining bright and every evidence of rain had disappeared. I had absolutely no time to change since they were already boarding the buses. I was stuck with my rainy day outfit on a beautiful summer day.

The bus ride was maybe a bit over two hours long. The bus was filled with early morning chatter and noises coming from the movie they were playing for us. We were dropped off at the National Mall, and were given three hours to explore. My cohort and I spent the majority of our time inside the Native American Indian Museum. The rest of our time was spent taking pictures in front of the capital. Before we knew it, it was 2:50 which meant it was time to head back to the buses. I was so glad to be back in the air conditioned bus!

Our next destination was Georgetown University. Well, actually you had two options, you could take a self-guided tour of Georgetown University, or walk a mile down to M street. On our way to the university we drove through M street, and it was a really long street with many stores, but it was a mile from where we were dropped off. The RC's described the walk to M street as walking in San Francisco's hilly neighborhoods. Taking the heat into account, the girls of the Penn cohort and myself decided an early dinner/late lunch sounded much better. We found a really well hidden place a couple of minutes from the university, and decided this would be the spot. We spent all of our time at "The Tomb", and I'm so glad we chose not to go to M street. I've been with these girls for practically three weeks, yet there are still so many things I don't know about them. Spending all of that time there really gave us the opportunity to get to know each other better!

Our final destination of the day was up next, back to our dorms. The bus ride back to Philly was a lot quieter than the morning had been. I'm assuming everybody was too tired to talk, but that didn't stop the laughs that echoed throughout the bus thanks to the movie that was being played for us, The Incredibles.

This weekend has been such a perfect ending to my second week here at Penn. Tomorrow will just make it even better! I will be going to the King of Prussia Mall, and then later on meeting my cohort and chaperone for dinner. Now all I have to do is go to sleep and wait for morning to come. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment