Sunday, July 22, 2012

I'm Walking on Sunshine

I know I have blogged about Wawa before, but I think we just need to take a moment and appreciate its awesomeness.  This morning, I woke up around 7:45, and it was 8:15 before I was ready to go.  I hadn't eaten breakfast yet, so I rushed down the street to the Wawa on the corner.  I had a breakfast and a snack, which I ordered on a computer screen,  in 10 minutes and I made it back just in time to board the buses at 8:30. I love Wawa.

It took about an hour and a half to get to the Ocean City boardwalk, the setting of popular TV show, Jersey Shore. Because this was the only destination for our field trip, we got to spend almost 6 hours exploring the board walk and hanging out on the beach.  I spent the day with Alysa, Mariko, Chloe, and Ivette.  We had an amazing day, and the 5 of us have gotten closer and closer throughout this trip.  We started off on the beach, playing in the surf. Although cold at first, the water was much warmer than what I'm used to in Northern California. 

After spending over an hour in the waves, we got a pizza lunch and explored the boardwalk.  I enjoyed browsing in the numerous t-shirt stores and sampling some of the East Coast treats like frozen custard and water ice.  We went into the amusement park section of the boardwalk before returning to the beach for the remainder of our time.  I loved being in the water and on the sand, and the trip made me realize that no matter where I end up in the future, I would like to have a large body of water nearby.   

We left around 4:30 and made it back in time to grab some dinner at King's Court dining hall.  The girls reconvened after some showers and laundry for a movie night in Ivette's room.  The entire day was fun and exhausting.  The sun shined the whole time, and despite numerous re-applications, my sunscreen did not do its job and I am pretty sunburned.  I think it was worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment