Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Funday

I woke up this morning much later than I have this whole week, and it felt great! I took my time getting ready for the fun day ahead, which included a trip to King of Prussia Mall and a later dinner with the Penn cohort. I met Alysa for brunch at around 11:30, and together we headed to King's Court. At 12, we all gathered in the quad and made our way over the yellow school buses. 

It took us about forty minutes to get to the mall. As we headed towards the entrance, Alysa and I decided to make it our trip mission to cover the whole mall in the three and a half hours we were given. Even though I'm pretty sure we weren't even close to completing the mission, I still had a great time with Alysa. I love to shop and I can spend hours and hours in a single store, but most people can't do that so I always have to rush. That wasn't the case today, Alysa is the perfect shopping buddy!

At eight, Our chaperone, Mr. Lawrence signed us out for dinner. We were headed to an Asian fusion restaurant called pod. We somehow managed to get seated in a pod. I'm not sure if Mr. Lawrence requested the pod when making the reservation, but whether he did or didn't, I give him two thumbs up for taking us there. We really did have the coolest table at the restaurant, it was a circular table that was kind of isolated from everybody else. We also had control over the lighting in our room, so you can imagine how much fun we had with that! The food was amazing! Back home I ate rice every single day, and even though I did have some rice this week at Houston Market, this rice took me back to California. I ordered the macadamia nut chicken that also came with a bowl of rice, broccoli, and carrots. For the table we ordered Japanese eggplant skewers, beef fried rice, and two ducks. I walked away very satisfied! If you are ever in Philly don't forget to check out Pod!

No comments:

Post a Comment