Monday, July 23, 2012

Center City Fun

Today for both the morning and afternoon class we had guest speakers. Our morning's guest speaker was Lin Shuang Lu. She talked to us about accounting, business, and finance. I really like mathematics, but I don't think I'd ever actually want to make a career out of it. The presentation was good, but I'm just not interested in that field. Our afternoon guest speaker was Arnold Farr. He spoke to us about critical thinking and its origins, a lot about liberation, and famous philosophers. I really liked his presentation. Prof. Lamas kept telling us we would love him, and he was right. The things Arnold really made me think, think about life, the world we live in, and just everything. I have like a million pages of notes from his presentation that I will definitely be framing.

Right after class, Clara, Mariko, Alysa, and I decided it was time we visit Center City. We have less than a week left here at Penn, so it was either today or never. We didn't have a lot of time because we had to be back before 7:30, and my class ran a bit late. Once we got there we decided we should get dinner out of the way, that took about fifteen minutes. We walked around for almost no time at all before we realized we better start heading back, if we wanted to make it back in time.


The rest of my evening was spent at the gym. I didn't go this morning because I was so exhausted from Ocean City, so I had to go in the evening. I will for sure be going to the gym tomorrow morning and I'll try to be back by 7:45 to have breakfast with Clara. I should probably get some sleep. Goodnight!




No comments:

Post a Comment