Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Arriving in the Windy City

Today started with a smack to the alarm clock and a disgruntled roll out of bed.  I decided to skip the workout this morning and met everyone else for our last breakfast in St. Louis.  We chatted about our high schools and the differences between the Midwest and the Bay Area.   Pretty soon it was time to head back to our rooms and tackle the challenge of repacking.  Luckily we had a few hours until check out time and I was able to get my suitcase closed just in time. 

After we checked out, we stopped for a quick lunch at the subway by the airport.  Once we started checking in, I found out my bag was slightly over the weight limit, but thanks to Ivette's super packing skills, I was able to transfer some of my stuff.  I'm still not sure how my suitcase gained 3 pounds without me buying anything new, but I guess it will remain a mystery.  

Our flight to Chicago was brief, and after a traffic filled shuttle ride, we arrived at the Drake Hotel.  The Drake is beautiful.  Once again, I am sharing a room with Chloe and Mariko, but this time it has two Queen sized beds and two bathrooms!  We had a couple minutes to change and then we headed out for a Penn Team dinner at The Grill.  I had the mac and cheese, my all time favorite dish, and even though it was just a side, I am full to the bursting.  

I am really happy to be in Chicago again.  It's been a long time since I last visited, but as we drove down the freeway, I was reminded what an amazing city it is.  I can't wait to tour the University of Chicago tomorrow.  After having such an interesting experience at WashU, I'm hoping U of Chicago will open my eyes even more about what might await me at college.  However, I'm not looking forward to the 115 degree weather forecast for tomorrow.  I guess that is just one of the many things I'll have to adjust to when I move away from the Bay Area.

No comments:

Post a Comment