Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hello Chicago

This morning wasn't any different from yesterday. I woke up at 6:20 AM, and headed straight to the hotel's fitness center. After that we all gathered together to enjoy some breakfast. Then we all went back to our rooms to pack our stuff, and get cleaned up a bit. I don't know why but my bags felt so much heavier today than they did when we arrived! After a bit of struggle, we managed to load our luggage into our shuttle. A quick stop at Subway, then we headed to the airport.

Our flight was delayed a couple of minutes so we left at 4:30 PM instead of the original time, which was around 3:50 PM.  The plane ride was very short, so I enjoyed it quite a bit. The plane was very small, but maybe that's why I liked it. We made our way over to baggage claim, then off to our shuttle. This was my first look of Chicago, and it was while sitting in traffic. It took us an hour to get to the hotel! The Drake Hotel is quite elegant. Wait, I take that back, The Drake Hotel is beautiful, breathtaking, stunning, astonishing ... etc.

Me and Alysa's room, twin beds & our TV


We had dinner reservations at "The Grill", it was a nice place. I needed a break from all the fancy food, so I ordered chicken tenders and french fries. Tomorrow we are going to visit The University of Chicago, in an attempt to beat traffic we will be leaving at 8:15 AM and meeting for breakfast at 7:30 AM. Sleep is necessary to function, so this is my goodnight to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment