Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ready , Set , Go!

The last day before I take off to the east coast has been filled with tons of words of wisdom, saying that I will be fine and am totally prepared for anythings thrown my way. I 100% agree with these statements  because now that there is approximately 10 hours before I am on my way, I have mentally prepared myself that I will be somewhat out of my comfort zone so I will need to make changes.

As for the packing process, I am done! Laying everything on my bed almost an extra week in advance to make sure I had everything ready to go, paid off big time and relieved a lot of stress. Now it is time to relax and get some sleep because I want to be able to get know my cohort a lot better, seeing how they are all from different schools. 

Looking at the itinerary I see that already, on the first day of this educational adventure, we have a dinner with the Washington University Director of Admissions and NorCal Admissions Officer. (Time to prepare a lot of questions.)

I can’t wait to get out on the east coast, and as an extra incentive to do my best, I have to constantly remind myself of what a wonderful opportunity this is and of all the people that are supporting me morally and financially.  

1 comment:

  1. Cameron,

    These comments are coming AFTER you’ve already departed.

    When you write that you laid everything out on your bed, and after I saw what you were bringing, all I can imagine is the size of that bed. Do they even make a Double King Size bed?

    ReplyDelete