Sunday, June 24, 2012

Goodbye California

I have to say that all weekend I have been extremely anxious to leave for this trip!  Now that the moment is almost here I am as happy and excited as can be. 

Since the first group of ILC students departed for their school, I have been reading a great deal of inspiring blogs.  Through reading the experiences of the others students, I have become more mentally prepared for my own trip and I made sure that I had all of my luggage ready to go well in advance.  For the first time I was ready and packed three days in advance!  Minus the loaner items I received from Don, my suitcase is filled with, what I feel are, practical clothes and useful miscellaneous items. 

Although I am slightly nervous about traveling across the country and living there for five weeks, I am most definitely looking forward to this new experience.  I am almost positive that I want to go to school on the East Coast, but after this trip I think that I will never want to leave!  I love traveling and meeting new people, but I have never had the chance to really go so far out into the world without my family. I am so thankful that I now have the opportunity to do this and take an incredible course on Social Justice at the same time! 

From the moment I arrive at El Cerrito High for the shuttle, I plan on completely embracing each and every day of this trip.  St. Louis, Chicago, and Philadelphia are all cities that I have wanted to go to and it is a bit surreal that I will be in St. Louis, Missouri this time tomorrow!  For tonight though I must contain my excitement, say goodnight, and catch some sleep. 

1 comment:

  1. It’s a joy, Chloe, to be around someone that exudes such excitement about their trip. I’m looking forward to reading your blogs about such far off and exotic places like St. Louis.

    ReplyDelete