Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Monthaversary!

This morning I woke up  and decided to get breakfast for a change. I usually do not get breakfast , because I value sleep way more then a piece of a sausage . I was what I needed because , class was not going to be held inside, we were actually going on tours. When I got to class, we all headed towards the  SEPTA were we headed to China town.

When we arrived the professor told us to notice the signs and the different kinds of work in that area. Of course it was difficult to read the signs , considering the fact that I don't speak Mandarin at all. I ended up asking many of my foreign classmates for help. I learned a lot about there culture but I still don't understand how the letter system works. We stopped about half through China town  and discussed the different things we saw and how life as a Chinese immigrant can be , and why they might possibly come to the U.S. 

The next stop was a small public school in what was an area that had never had a public school before. There we also spoke on the topic of immigration of Chinese Americans. After about an hour It was time for lunch so we made our way back to the SEPTA . 


After lunch we all met at the button. From there we caught another trolly and headed back into the heart of Philly. We walked around untill we finally arrived at Clark park. Here we had a debate/discussion on the issue of immigration. Should the doors be closed or open . Many of the points brought up by both teams were good but you could clearly see how there could be serious conflict. After an interesting session class was over for the day.


The next big event of the day was the cohorts "monthaversary" dinner. We went to a place called The White Dog. This was an all organic restaurant. Although the food was amazing, the gang was reunited and thought back to that very EARLY morning when we all boarded the shuttle to go to SF international airport. We all plan on having our 2nd "monthaversery" if school doesn't conflict. 

No comments:

Post a Comment