Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Mariko!

My day started off just like any other day, a quick trip to the gym and breakfast with Chloe. Today's morning class was taught by Michael. The whole three hours were devoted to going over about sixty six hours! There was so much information to process all at once that I thought my brain was going to explode! It was all incredibly interesting, but I was just so overwhelmed. The afternoon class was  handed over to TJ, our guest speaker for the day. TJ talked to us about sex workers in India.

Today is indeed Mariko's birthday, so we had to celebrate! We all, with the exception of David, went out for dinner at Tandoor India. I had never tried Indian food before today, and I just don't know how I could have gone sixteen years without it. The food was phenomenal, but most importantly, the company was what made dinner so great. After dinner we all came back to my room for a girls' movie night. A birthday is not complete without some birthday cake! So we ate cake and finished watching a movie in my room. Before we knew it my RC was at my door because it was floor time, so we all said our goodnights.

I hope Mariko enjoyed her birthday. I can imagine it might be a bit sad to spend your birthday without your family, but we really tried to make it special. I think she'll be going to sleep happy tonight, but she won't be the only one. Prof. Lamas thought we've had a rough week because so much information was given to us in such little time, so he gave us tomorrow morning off. I will be able to sleep in a bit and then go to the gym for a nice two hours. Today was a great day, but I have a feeling this weekend will be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment