Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Mariko!

This morning I struggled to get out of bed. For some reason , I can never seem to go to bed early than 1 in the morning. No matter how hard I try , it never happens. This means approximately 6 hours of sleep , butI somehow find the extra energy I need to get through the day. After doing my early morning rituals , I headed to the cafeteria to get breakfast and then head to class.

Today Mr. Nairn was giving the class a lecture about power, politics and love. The conversations were very interesting , but so much stuff was covered , there could have been a whole class on that topic alone. After a couple breaks , we were set free for lunch were I headed to Houston dinning hall and was surprised to see know body in line for lunch. I ended up getting a toasted turkey sandwich , which I usually never have the patience to wait in line and get.

After lunch we headed to another meeting were we had a guest speaker . He had many interesting opinions, but overall I was engaged by the whole conversation.After class, I headed to Mariko's room to surprise her and say happy birthday. I thought we were going to go out to dinner tonight with Mr Lawrence , but it was rescheduled to saturday night. We all, with the exception of David ,ended up going out to dinner at a Indian restaurant called Tandoor .I was somewhat skeptical at the beginning of this new found experience, but as I tried more and more things I was surprised at how good it all was. My favorite item of the night would have to be Naan , which is very similar to a tortilla. Today was a good day and I hope that Mariko had a wonderful Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment